The Viking Vanguard

Filed under 2015-2016, News, Photo, Showcase

School participates in lahar drill May 23

Over 1,600 students evacuated campus May 23 during the lahar drill. The drill took place at the start of 4th period. Upon return to campus, students either went to lunch (if they had first lunch) or back to 4th period for class. Staff members led the evacuation so students knew where to go as well as provided traffic assistance at major intersections.

Haley Keizur

Lahar 1 web lahar 4 web

About the Photographer
Haley Keizur, Editor-in-Chief

Haley Keizur has been a part of the Viking Vanguard for three years. She began as a sophomore journalist student and freelancer, was the social media editor last year and is currently Editor-in-Chief. She specializes in writing and page designing but has dabbled in photos and broadcast. She won a superior rating in features writing at the JEA National Conference in Seattle last year and has had the opportunity to write for the Ed Lab at the Seattle Times. Besides writing, she enjoys running, reading, playing the ukulele, listening to Taylor Swift, volunteering in the community and spending time with friends. Other favorite things include coffee, sunsets and puppies.