The Viking Vanguard

Alumni reflect on passage of time

Relma Burmeister reminisces on high school memories along with other 1964 alumni. Back in 1964, a gallon of gas was only 26 cents and a loaf of bread was 10 cents. “Coming to the Alumni Assembly was fun and thinking we’ll never make it. Time passes so fast,” said Burmeister. “If you didn’t have school spirit, after watching returning graduates say their chants, it gives you spirit. It makes you proud.”

About the Photographer
Haley Keizur, Editor-in-Chief

Haley Keizur has been a part of the Viking Vanguard for three years. She began as a sophomore journalist student and freelancer, was the social media editor last year and is currently Editor-in-Chief. She specializes in writing and page designing but has dabbled in photos and broadcast. She won a superior rating in features writing at the JEA National Conference in Seattle last year and has had the opportunity to write for the Ed Lab at the Seattle Times. Besides writing, she enjoys running, reading, playing the ukulele, listening to Taylor Swift, volunteering in the community and spending time with friends. Other favorite things include coffee, sunsets and puppies.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Alumni reflect on passage of time”

1. Brett Anderson on February 7th, 2017 3:23 pm

I was wondering where the article was that featured the November 5th, 2016 Alumni Scholarship Fundraiser event at StaionHouse726. I know a representative from the Vanguard was there but I was never able to get an answer as to what type of article might be written. The Alumni Association raised over $5,000 for scholarships and we are starting to plan for the November 4th, 2017 event already. We have hopes that the Vanguard will help us promote and recognize this 24th Annual event.

Brett Anderson
    Secretary, PHS Alumni Association

2. Emily Van Bergeyk on February 8th, 2017 12:07 pm

Thank you for your interest, Mr. Anderson. That type of story would most likely be categorized in the “news” section of our website. I’ll get in touch with the staff member who covered your event and get back to you on that.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

The student news site of Puyallup High School
Alumni reflect on passage of time