Standing Out While Fitting In

Junior Morgan Alpert is a very passionate person, saying music is more than something they listen to on the daily.  

“Something I’m passionate about is singing, it’s a coping mechanism for me and I feel safe,” Alpert said. 

Figuring out what you’d choose for a final meal is difficult, but Alpert knows one thing they’d want.  

“I’d 100% want mashed potatoes, it’s nostalgic for me, having the taste of it,” Alpert said. 

Alpert explains their greatest fear.  

“I’m an extrovert, like very extroverted. So would definitely say being alone or being left behind,” Alpert said.  

Some don’t have a specific goal for a dream vacation, but Alpert sure loves being with their people.  

“Anywhere with the people I care about. I’d be completely fine with that, just hanging out with them,” Alpert said. 

Alpert says they find themselves motivated by their personal goals. 

“My personal goals are to go to college and join the military so that the military can pay for my college. I want to major in nursing and minor in psychology,” Alpert said.  

When Alpert was younger, their goals were very similar to everyone else’s, but with age, their objectives became more complex.
“I think around fifth grade we took some career choice path survey. My top choices were medical and engineering. Then over the years, I’ve been helping other people with their own mental states,” Alpert said. “I want to be a children’s psychologist or a biomedical engineer,” Alpert said. 

One thing Alpert likes is helping those in need. 

“It’s a little dark, but taking from what I’ve said, I’ve helped people through their own dark mental space. I’ve saved people from suicide a few times and I’m pretty proud of that,” Alpert said. 

If Alpert won the lottery, they wouldn’t be the kind of person to spend that money.  

“I’d like keeping the money unless someone asks for something, then I’ll just help them out,” Alpert said. 

Alpert is an incredibly creative person; they have a lot of fun hobbies and are looking to expand their horizons.  

“Some current hobbies I have is creative writing and singing and playing video games. For the future, I want to get into computer and PC building and working on cars and different vehicles. I like to write about the genre of slice of life or fantasy, or action,” Alpert said. 

Alpert gives some advice to their peers.  

“Take the opportunity when it’s given to you because I’ve missed out on so many opportunities in the past that I could’ve used to become more successful as of where I am right now,” Alpert said.