The Viking Vanguard Expresses Thanks

Vanguard Expresses Thanks  

To Sandra Coyer…  

For supporting us through deadlines, showing us the ins and outs of InDesign and being the best mother goose a flock of geese could ask for. We would not be Viking Student Media without your willingness to encourage student journalism voices. You have provided a safe space for many of us, and we thank you for your unconditional love and guidance; we love you more than words can express.  

To Interviewees… 

For answering our questions about your lives, interests, competitions or events you participated in. We appreciate your willingness to schedule interviews, answer our emails and your compliance regarding the interview sheets we hand you in class. Your stories are one of a kind, so thank you for sharing them with us; we hope that the trust you put in our hands to tell your story was well worth it and that we conveyed in the best possible way.  

To Pacific Publishing…  

For printing our paper, making it possible for us to be a physical publication and distribute our newspaper to our students. If it were not for your kindness while we are on deadline, we would not publish a paper.  

To Brian Coyer…  

For letting us borrow Mrs. Coyer on late nights; her dedication and love does not go unnoticed, and we value her much more than we could ever express.  

To our Advertisers…  

For helping to support a local, public-school newspaper. We appreciate your kindness and willingness to place ads in our publication and hope to have attracted student business. We wish all of our advertisers nothing but success, and if you allow us, we look forward to working with you again next year. 

To the Washington Journalism Education Association… 

For inviting us to the state conference in March and allowing us to compete. We valued both this experience as journalists and your commitment to uplifting student voices. Our publication would cease to find success without your guidance.  

To the Student Press Law Center…  

For letting us write the stories we feel need telling and having our back. Regardless of when we need your services, you are there and provide us with comfort, support and information during our times of stress.  

To our Local Gems…  

For letting us tell the story of your business and why students should check it out. We are grateful to have worked with you, your managers and employees to highlight the local gem you’ve established. Your never-ending stories and memories lead to many empowering and uplifting words of wisdom that the staff and students here at Puyallup High School will carry into their future endeavors.  

To the Students of Puyallup High School…  

For being excited when we distribute the newspaper to your sixth period. It warms our hearts every time to hear you say, “Hand me a newspaper”, or “I want one.” We appreciate the enthusiasm and hope it continues for years to come.  

To John Anderle…  

For giving your time and therefore dedication to being a student media teacher at Puyallup High School. You have left a legacy at Puyallup High School and an even bigger one in Viking Student Media. We are grateful for the lessons you have taught us and you will continue to be on our minds as we finish the school year off right.